- Government departments frequently change names during re-organizations.
- Goverment department web sites frequently move or disappear altogether.
- New government documents are published exclusively in electronic format; many historical publications have not been digitized.
- The University of Lethbridge Library primarily collects government publications of relevance to Southern Alberta.
- Visit the Help section of this guide for search strategies and citing government information.
What's in this Guide?
Government information refers to publications (e.g., laws, regulations, reports, proceedings, departmental documents, web sites, etc.) produced by the various institutions that govern the country.