You've got your topic and are ready to dive into your research... right?
Resist that temptation and take time to plan your research first. With so many options, it can be hard to know where to look first. Start here, and discover how to conduct scholarly research using the library's many resources.
This guide will show you how to:
- plan your research strategically
- find books in the library catalogue
- use library databases to find scholarly journal articles
- distinguish between primary, secondary and tertiary souces
- evaluate websites and publications to ensure they are credible and scholarly
The library has thousands of books, online journals, and e-books, all selected by Professional Librarians to support your research. Use reference resources (link to Research Flow Chart) such as dictionaries and encyclopedias to get a general understanding of your topic. Delve deeper with books and scholarly journals and develop your research question and thesis.
Get help In Person by visiting the IRAD, Located on Level 10 in the Library.
University of Lethbridge Library
4401 University Drive West
Guide copyright information: